Welthungerhilfe (www.welthungerhilfe.de) is one of the large and respected private organisations in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. It carries out projects in 39 countries and campaigns for fairer cooperation with developing countries. If you are prepared to dedicate yourself to carrying out projects under sometimes difficult conditions and you match the requirements set out below, we look forward to receiving your application for the position of
Head of Finance (m/f)
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration until March 31, 2018. There are good prospects for an extension. The place of work is Bamako, Mali with field trips to the project sites in various regions of Mali.
As Head of Finance you are responsible for all financial and administrative processes for the Mali Country Programme. The goal of the post is to ensure that the Mali Country Programme including the various projects is financially managed in accordance to relevant donor and Welthungerhilfe internal rules and regulations.
- Establishing and maintaining a programme wide financial management system
- Ensuring sound budget planning when project proposals are being drafted
- Monitoring and ensuring the proper planning of financial and other resources
- Recruitment and management of Human Resources
- Providing guidance and training for local and international financial experts and project partners in line with Welthungerhilfe policy to enhance national staff capacity
- Monitoring and ensuring the accurate and prompt drawing up of internal and external financial reports in accordance with the appropriate guidelines
- Conducting training sessions in the field offices to uplift the capacities of administrative compliance
- Supervise and support visits to the Welthungerhilfe project offices in Niger
- A university or polytechnic degree or completed commercial training, together with additional specialist knowledge, for example in the fields of accounting and controlling
- Several years of project-related professional experience in the administration of co-financed projects for international (aid) organisations – preferably in the region
- Excellent communication and inter-cultural skills
- Coordination and organisational skills, even under high workload
- A high level of mental and physical resilience
- An excellent knowledge of French and a good knowledge of English; German language skills are an asset
We offer you co-operation in a highly dedicated team and a responsible scope of tasks. Furthermore, we facilitate a flexible organisation of working time as well as a healthy work-life balance. The performance oriented remuneration is based on an in-house salary scheme. Of course, a comprehensive training is also part of our offer.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by March 26, 2017. In case of any queries regarding your application, please contact Peter Doerr (email@example.com).