The Technical Delivery Graduate role will undertake a mix of technical challenges and business related problems to solve. You will gain experience of client liaison, and exposure to different roles and responsibilities within a plethora of technical practices, all the while delivering business-critical work on your current project. Furthermore, having developed your skills via our comprehensive training schemes, there will be opportunity to contribute to the further development of products from our suite of home-grown solutions, from DeviceProtect to NetReveal software. This will enable you to explore and select a career path which builds on your particular strengths and interests. From an early stage you will work in teams, alongside talented and highly experienced specialists who are motivated to train and coach you.
We deal with cutting edge technology on a daily basis and our graduates are given exposure to this at the very forefront of our business and the technology industry. Moreover, with the technology industry evolving and innovating at an exponential rate, there is no better place to embark on a career that’s abundant with opportunity than at Applied Intelligence.
We have a range of project roles that you could undertake as a Technical Delivery Graduate; across our various business areas/ locations. These include:
•Software Developer - As a new graduate, we expect you to be ready to tackle (and enjoy!) programming tasks from the outset, but we will take the time to mentor you through smaller packages of work and enhancements to our product range. You will work primarily in Java, however we always look for the best framework for the job; some of our developments use C# .NET, C++ and HTML5 technologies. We will however consider those with any programming language and a desire to learn.
•Data and Technical Analyst - As a Data Analyst, you will be involved in projects that deliver significant business benefits for our clients in a broad range of sectors, with the potential for international travel. All our projects entail working in a team overseen by our market and product experts, and you are likely to get client exposure early on. You will be working on customised solutions across our entire client base, with the flexibility to move across a range of internal projects.
•Cyber Security Technical Specialist - As a Cyber Technical Specialist you will support the research and development of unprecedented cyber capabilities. Roles include software development, research, testing and architecture. You could be joining a team of penetration testers investigating security of critical systems, incident responders and threat analysts working to provide protective cyber services for our clients or researching novel ways of evaluating and exploiting tomorrow’s technology.
If you have a strong desire to work in and have a good understanding of the cyber security domain, strong technical abilities in programming or research, a willingness to learn and good communication skills there could be a role for you.
•Electronic Engineer - Our electronic engineers design and develop analogue and digital electronics, VHDL and embedded/low level software for a wide range of electronic systems. You could tackle a number of different development tasks in different disciplines, depending on your background and aspirations. We expect you to take responsibility for your work, but you will work under guidance from our expert engineers. Day to day, you could implement complex signal-processing algorithms in VHDL, debug the RF chain on a software radio, develop embedded software to run on low power microcontrollers or develop ruggedised devices for challenging environments.
•Tester - Testers have a crucial role to play in the delivery of projects and their involvement starts at the requirements analysis stage, to ensure that requirements are clear and can be measurably tested. Initially, testing roles are likely to include defining and creating test cases from functional and technical specifications, executing test scripts and reporting the results clearly.
|What you will be doing
The below will change depending on the project role however tasks could include:
- Assisting in the design and implementation of software which forms part of a properly engineered information or secure communications system.
- Overcoming development obstacles to deliver quality code on time.
- Helping to specify user/system interfaces.
- Assisting in producing detailed designs and documents using required standards, methods and tools.
- Understanding and translating a business design into a logical design (structure and behavior), for simple software applications.
- Producing physical designs that describe the required structure and behavior of a simple software application characterized by low-risk non-functional requirements.
- Understanding the information needs of the developer and test communities and be able to extract this data from the Business community.
- Defining and creating test cases from the analysis of functional specifications.
- Interpreting and executing sets of simple test scripts using agreed methods and standards.
- Checking test results, and document test failures and successes comparing with pre-determined criteria, in accordance with agreed standards.
- Reporting test results to supervisor and/or other colleagues in a clear and concise manner.
- Assisting colleagues and clients/users in defining acceptance tests for systems.
- Assisting colleagues and clients/users in reviewing system requirements in terms of testability.
- Assisting in performing maintenance through analysis of log files and system faults.
- Contributing to maintenance and installation work.
- Carrying out research, data collection and analysis.
- Evaluating and reconciling information gathered from multiple sources.
- Building basic process maps in the support of analysis work.
- Contributing to the full engineering lifecycle, from working with clients through to every aspect of hardware design and manufacture.
- Implementing complex signal processing algorithms in VHDL.
- Designing switch mode power supplies, working on low power embedded systems, developing ruggedized devices for challenging environments.
- Assisting colleagues to pitch new ideas to clients.
- Managing multiple assignments independently, with support from colleagues.
- Able to demonstrate that you are a highly motivated problem-solver with a strong desire to approach a problem in a hands-on capacity.
- Carrying out research, data collection and analysis.
|What we are looking for
- Strong academic background with a mathematical or scientific degree (2:1 or above in your degree and ABB or equivalent at A-Level)
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Good communication skills
- Articulate, both verbally and in writing
- Objective, logical and enquiring mind
- Creative and persuasive
- Team player
- Resilience under pressure
- Commitment to study and acquire the necessary professional qualifications
Aptitude in one or more of:
- Java - Java JEE, JSP, JSF, EJB, Spring, JDBC
- Infrastructure – systems administration, network security & engineering, protocols (TCP/IP)
- Microsoft - C#, C++, .NET, SharePoint, ODBC
- Data processing – Hadoop, Oracle, R
- Web - HTML, XML, SOAP
- O/S - Linux, Windows
- Mobile – iOS, Android,
- MATLAB, Maple
- Microsoft Excel – Lookups, pivot tables
- Microsoft Office
- Digital circuit design
- Analogue/RF circuit design
- Embedded/microprocessor software development (C, C++)
- PCB testing techniques
- PCB manufacturing process
- Digital Signal Processing
- Hardware Description Language (HDL) development (VHDL, Verilog)
- Driver development (C)
What we offer
Our benefits are generous and in keeping with the level of success you’ll achieve with us:
- £28,000 starting salary, depending on experience as well as a Flexible/Pension Allowance of 6%
- Exceptional candidates may also receive additional financial incentives
- All graduates will have access to £1,000 towards relocation costs
- Access to an interest-free graduate loan (£2,000)
<span style="font-family: "Arial", "sans-serif";">Only those with the permanent and unrestricted right to live and work in the UK will be considered for a position within BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. SC clearance must be obtained prior to starting with us.
We help nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cybercrime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes - often collecting and analysing huge volumes of data.
We employ over 4,000 people across 18 countries in the Americas, APAC, UK and EMEA
Help us secure a connected world. Apply now and be inspired.