Welthungerhilfe (www.welthungerhilfe.de) is one of the large and respected private organisations in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. It carries out projects in 39 countries and campaigns for fairer cooperation with developing countries. If you are prepared to dedicate yourself to carrying out projects under sometimes difficult conditions and you match the requirements set out below, we look forward to receiving your application for the position of
Head of Project (m/f)
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration until October 31, 2020. The place of work will be Bamako, Mali (ML).Taking into account the security situation, duty trips within the Mopti region will be required.
As Head of Project, you will manage the implementation of a project in the area of peace, reconciliation and conflict management and will support the development and implementation of the Welthungerhilfe country programme in Mali on the basis of specified directives in terms of contect, schedule and budget.
- A university or technical degree or qualification in the fields of development studies, peace and conflict management or similar qualification
- Several years of experience in the management and implementation of projects of international (aid) organizations, preferably in crisis regions
- Experience in the cooperation with German donors
- Experience with peace-building projects and/or peace and economic reintegration programs
- Experience with conflict mediation/ arbitration or conflict resolution techniques
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel to areas with volatile local conditions
- Coordination and organizational skills, including ability to work under pressure
- A very good level of written and spoken French, English and German
We offer you co-operation in a highly dedicated team and a responsible scope of tasks. Furthermore, we facilitate a flexible organisation of working time as well as a healthy work-life balance. The performance oriented remuneration is based on an in-house salary scheme. Of course, a comprehensive training is also part of our offer.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by March 26, 2017. In case of any queries regarding your application, please contact Peter Doerr (email@example.com).