For 150 years, Voith’s technologies have been inspiring customers, business partners and employees around the world.
Sustainable management is an important part of our history and is always reflected in our thoughts and actions.
For the Voith Paper, department R&D Press Felts US, we are looking for you as a
Development Technician (Temporary)
This is a temporary, project-based position. The position’s duration is dependent on the project, with an estimated length of 6 months.
The R&D Technician is responsible for supporting the development and evaluation of product designs for paper machine press fabrics.
This position is responsible for ensuring changes to the manufacturing process are verified, repeatable, and predictable at required rates.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work in close cooperation with local R&D teams and Operations
- Plan, coordinate, and execute activities required to evaluate, improve, and implement new products into the manufacturing process.
- Document ideal process conditions, create standard work, and train others in standard procedures
- Continuous improvement of lab and pilot facility for world class felt characterization and development needs.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player in a fast paced changing environment
- Ensure compliance to the change management system
- Support internal customer teams to meet and exceed customer expectations
- This position has no direct reports, however works closely with operations, and R&D Engineers
- Desired Bachelor degree in Engineering, Project Management, or equivalent experience
- Experience in manufacturing and R&D environments a plus
- Project Management experience
- Quality experience
- Lean – Six Sigma trained or equivalent experience a plus
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated high level written and communication skills
- Ability to work “hands-on” in manufacturing with operators, hardware, and data gathering.
- Ability to learn new processes, document required changes, and communicate them to others.
- Possess excellent organizational, communication, and technical writing skills
- Off-shift coverage as needed for production support of developmental trials.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Frequent use of office tools
Why join Voith?
Qualified, motivated and loyal employees are the engine for our innovative capability and competitiveness. The willingness to think ahead and an enthusiasm for technology is what all Voithians have in common. For our Group Division Voith Paper we search for employees that are respectful team players and as diverse as our markets. Use your chance – at Voith.
Voith Paper is an EEO/AA/VEVRAA compliant Federal Contractor and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Sounds like you? Apply now and become a Voithian!
If you are interested in this position, please send us your application using the link at the bottom of this page. For further questions please contact:
[Not translated in selected language]