For 150 years, Voith’s technologies have been inspiring customers, business partners and employees around the world.
Sustainable management is an important part of our history and is always reflected in our thoughts and actions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Assemble, install, test and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus and fixtures using hand tools, power tools and using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, oscilloscopes and laptop to troubleshoot and work with PLC’s on Ladder Logic to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment and components to identify hazards, defects and the need for adjustment or repair and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Repair and adjust electrical or electronic components controlling mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic or electrical equipment.
- Assemble experimental circuitry or complete prototype model according to instructions or manuals.
- Install and wire electrical equipment from blueprints and update prints accordingly.
- Install electrical conduit and wiring using appropriate methods.
- Set up and perform calibration checks and adjustments on manufacturing equipment.
- Perform welding, grinding and flame cutting.
- Install and maintain piping systems for plant processes.
- Install machinery and equipment according to plans, blueprints and instructions.
- Repair and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment.
12. Repair and Maintain mechanical maintenance in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals& manufacturers.
13. Utilize and work from internal work order system-Somax.
14. Maintain current Electrician’s License or Journeyman Card to meet state regulations.
15. Install instrumentation control panels and equipment from ladders and lifts to maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures.
16. Operate machine tools to repair and make machine parts.
17. May drive company vehicles and operate grounds keeping equipment as required.
18. Record and report information as required and directed.
19. Keeps work area clean.
20. Performs other duties as instructed.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Certificate or degree in an electrical related program or 5 – 10 years experience in an electrical related field will be considered in lieu of education.
- Experience in welding, piping and flame cutting a plus
- Experience in a manufacturing setting preferred
- Experience with Somax a plus