This is Hainan PM 2, the world’s largest paper machine. It’s 600 metres long and 11.8 metres wide. And it’s fast. Very fast.
Designed and built by Voith Paper, one of four divisions that make Voith an employer of choice in over 60 countries, PM 2 is just
one example of how our global teams constantly make paper machines that are more productive, more efficient and more
sustainable. This means that talented professionals enjoy no shortage of career challenges with us.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Shift: 12 hour nights
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
Operate building and process support equipment to supply steam, heat, power, air, or other required supporting functions. Repair and replace concrete structural parts and equipment such as sidewalks, floors, walls, and other support components. Construct, repair, and maintain structural woodwork and equipment working from blueprints, sketches, drawings and instructions. Assemble and install steel, copper and plastic tubing to connect instrumentation with control panels and equipment. Set up, adjust, and operate machine tools to repair and make machine parts, install parts in machines to repair malfunctions. Repair and maintain machinery, buildings, and building and process support equipment in accordance with blueprints, manuals, sketches, and building codes. Design and layout projects from oral instructions.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Install machinery and equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, drawings and instruction using blueprints, schematic drawings and manufacturer’s manuals and instructions to determine work procedure.
- Clean and lubricate equipment/machinery components according to specified procedures and instructions.
- Prepare surfaces and apply paint, varnish, or other finishes to plant buildings, machinery, and equipment.
- Install and maintain piping systems for steam, gas, water, air, or other materials used in the plant and processes.
- Fabricate, assemble, install, and repair sheet metal equipment such as control boxes, ductwork and guards.
- Weld all types of metal according to layouts, sketches, and instructions and blueprints using gas welding, brazing, and arc welding processes. Perform related tasks such as flam cutting, grinding, etc.
- May drive company vehicles and operate grounds-keeping equipment as required.
- Record and report information as required and directed.
- Keeps work area clean.
- Performs other duties as instructed.
- Certificate or degree in a maintenance/mechanical related program or 5 – 10 years experience in a maintenance related field will be considered in lieu of education.
- Experience in welding, piping and flame cutting a plus
- Experience in a manufacturing setting preferred
<span style="color: black; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt;">Voith Paper is an EEO/AA/VEVRAA compliant Federal Contractor and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.