Student and Educational Affairs (SEA), International Relations department, Mobility team, is looking for an
International Programmes Officer (0.80 FTE)
Vacancy number 3801
- Independently process applications from incoming Exchange and Study Abroad students;
- Process visa and residence permit applications;
- Answer queries from students about admission, financial issues, housing, visa requirements etc. mainly via e-mail;
- Process and issue transcripts of records;
- Inform partner universities, and/or internal stakeholders about procedures and regulations;
- Assist in the organisation of the arrival of new students in Leiden and the Hague at the beginning of the semester;
- Hold consulting hours for students at the start of and half way the semester;
- Assist with other activities of the mobility team when required and as indicated by the team leader.
- Strong in administrative processes and good computer skills (MS-Office);
- Written and spoken fluency in English and Dutch (English level C1, Dutch NT2-II);
- Strong customer care skills;
- Bachelor or Master degree;
- 1-3 years of work experience;
- Experience with Internationalisation in higher education is an advantage;
- Able to perform well under pressure;
- Team-player, but also able to work independently;
- Accurate, flexible, motivated and committed to clients;
- Having studied abroad is an advantage;
- Competences: Environment orientation; Cooperating; Result orientation; Commitment to the client; Accuracy; Network skills.
The Student and Educational Affairs expertise center facilitates study and academic success, by way of offering support to students and academic supervisors, carrying out administrative processes and contributing to an optimal living and educational environment.
The International Relations department promotes and organises international student mobility. We do this by providing advice to students wishing to study abroad and through the admission and support of international exchange students in Leiden and The Hague. We also advise faculties about the acquisition of EU educational subsidies and the establishment of international cooperation agreements. The department consists of two teams: “Mobility” and “Partnerships and Projects”. Information about Student and Educational Affairs (SEA) can be found at http://organisation.leiden.edu/student-education-affairs/.
Terms and conditions
We offer this position initially for a period of one year. Salary range from € 2,465.- to € 3,292.- gross per month (pay scale 8), in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3%), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. http://www.workingat.leiden.edu/.
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Enquiries can be made to Hieke Hoekstra, Team leader Mobility team, email firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone +31 71 527 7781.
Please submit online your application no later than 17 October 2017 via the blue button of our application system. Applicants should submit online a letter of interest accompanied by a CV.
Should you not have received an invitation for an interview by week 43, then you will not receive a written notification from the personnel department until the end of the procedure.
Acquisition following this advertisement is not appreciated.