Under the supervision and direction of the Manager of Test Engineering the driver applies safe driving skills to driving, cleaning and inspecting a variety of compact equipment in our local test field.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate Prototype/Pilot units in the endurance test area per pre-described functional operations.
- Document and record machine hours and incidents that may occur while operating test machines.
- Steam clean and inspect test units at the end of each week.
- Perform daily inspection for leaks and damage to the machine.
- Perform daily maintenance on each machine driven (check oil, air cleaner, etc).
- Under supervision of Test Engineer; retrieve parts for and perform small rework.
- Under supervision of Test Technician/Engineer; operate machines to support developmental or functional testing.
- General clean-up of facilities including; sweeping, garbage clean up, and shop organization.
- Physical activities include operating construction equipment over rough terrain. Must be capable of working in an agricultural, construction jobsite or production factory environment, including extreme heat, cold, wet and dry conditions for periods of time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma Required.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Strong mechanical background is preferred.
- Understanding of safe driving techniques
- Prior experience with operating construction or agricultural machinery is preferred.