The Product Manager will report to the MAM (Manitou Americas) product management team to support the introduction of Industrial Forklift Trucks and Man Elevating Work Platforms in the North American market. This position will provide market, product and competitive feedback to the MAM and MHA product teams and manage commercialization initiatives in North America working closely with MAM cross-functional teams.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain relationships and act as key liaison between MAM and MHA and Services and Solutions Division for Industrial Forklift Trucks and Man Elevating Work Platforms marketed in North America. Includes proactive discussions on product plans, product feature and benefit, cost/pricing, options, accessories, spare parts, after-sales service, product training and warranty policy. Also, work with Attachments Product Unit to ensure that attachments are available to support product lines.
- Coordinate launch plans of Industrial Forklift Trucks and Man Elevating Work Platforms in North America including machine part numbers and price lists, marketing materials, parts manuals, parts lists, service training, and parts inventory.
- Participate in market and customer VOC activity to identify needs and potential product opportunities, propose improvements and upgrades, and champion product success for Industrial Forklift Trucks and Man Elevating Work Platforms in North America. Provide input on findings to MHA product teams and North America commercial management.
- Compile and maintain retail sales history, shipments and forecast, product line margins, market changes and trends. Provide input to MHA product teams and North American commercial management.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of market and competitive products. Visit dealer/customers, attend trade shows to determine product ideas. Provide feedback on improvements, upgrades and new models needed in the family of products to the MHA product teams and North American commercial management.
- Work closely with MHA product teams to support the MAM product and training specialists to ensure we highlight product feature/benefit advantages of the Manitou product and competitive comparisons with value differentiation.
- Compile competitive machine and options price information from internal and external sources into template for team review and action. Communicate to MHA product teams and North American commercial management on a regular basis.
- Work with marketing team to help support literature needs for Industrial Forklift Trucks and Man Elevating Work Platforms sold in North America. Also support development of product launch kits, literature pieces, feature benefit guides, videos, and walk around guides.
- Coordinate with MHA product teams to develop side by side product spec comparisons and document product information on the Dealer Portal, develop product technical specifications sheets and be advisor to CSR group.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business marketing or engineering.
- Two to four years of experience in product development/marketing environment in Industry type equipment and/or similar engineered product.
- Lift truck or material handling background a plus
- Experience in industrial forklift and/or AWP market a serious plus
- Strong technical aptitude
- Two to four years market analytics/VOC/go-to-market experience
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to set priorities and follow through
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic user experience with ERP databases similar to Oracle, SAP or IFS.
- Must be able to travel 20-30% of the year
- Cross-cultural experience a plus
- Bilingual in French a plus