Located at the West Bend, Wisconsin location and under the direction of the Engineering Manager, performs mobile machinery product design and development tasks to develop new products and improve existing product and applications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform basic conceptual design to support the activities leading to the creation of new or improvements to existing products or product applications.
- Prepare basic design, analysis, test requirements, performance, schedule, and cost information as required in assigned area of responsibility for existing or new products.
- Optimize component/product designs for performance, cost, standardization, and manufacturability.
- Work “hands-on” with manufacturing to resolve any problems encountered in the fabrication and construction of experimental or production machines.
- Contribute to the cost improvement program by meeting or exceeding the annual goal.
- Identify opportunities to eliminate expenses that do not add value to the process or product, and within the scope of authority of the position, implement the reduction.
- Follow up on the testing of experimental machines, and reports those changes as necessary.
- Assist other departments in preparation of manuals and sales literature on assigned projects
- Perform other related duties & projects as required.
- Physical activities include running of computers, potential assisting in the assembly, installation and operation of prototype and data acquisition equipment. Capability to be in a jobsite or production factory environment, heat, cold, wet, dry, etc. for periods of time is required.
- review Finance Element Analysis (FEA) results; and use a variety of engineering tools and technologies including 3-D CAD, NX routed systems package, MS Office program, MS Project, and electric and hydraulic hybrid technologies.
- Key responsibilities include structural, hydraulic, mechanical, electrical, engine integration and/or control system design projects.
- Travel both domestically and international may be required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is required. Mechanical, Agricultural or Civil Engineering. Two or more years of experience with hydraulic systems, electrical systems, engine environment and/or the structural design of mobile machinery preferred.
- Basic knowledge of domestic and international standards and regulations a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Previous working experience with a 3-D CAD system.
- Working knowledge of MS Office programs.