The Product Support Specialist (Product Range – TBD) provides technical expertise to both internal & external customers specific to a range of Manitou Group’s products. These customers include Technical Support Advisors (TSAs), After Sales Support Managers (ASMs), District Development Managers (DDMs), dealers, and end-users. This position shall provide training, support, and feedback regarding the reliability of the assigned product range to internal & external stakeholders throughout the United States & Canada.
The Product Support Specialist is considered the “technical expert” on the product range they are assigned. All aspects of the product include operation, maintenance, systems (primarily electrical & hydraulic), drive train / drive line operation, and add-on features / attachments. This position also must be capable of training the dealer network & end-users on the operation & maintenance of the assigned product range. In this role, a strong relationship with the corporate headquarters and manufacturing facilities, located in France, are required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Become the technical expert and assist internal personnel with technical support of the assigned product range.
- Assist Business Development & Engineering in technical adaptations in special applications (refineries, mines, special applications, etc.).
- Travel to both dealer & end-user locations to work with stakeholders in resolving technical issues with the product. Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction with all stakeholders of the product.
- Review technical issues (requests for assistance, warranty claims, dealer & end-user complaints, etc.) on the assigned product range and provide feedback to Engineering & Manufacturing regarding potential product improvements.
- Become a liaison between internal Technical Support, Engineering, and Manufacturing for unresolved or difficult to resolve technical questions / concerns.
- Assist dealers in submitting warranty claims for the assigned product range.
- Lead operator & maintenance training to the North American dealer network, to include end-user(s). Perform training in a variety of different settings (dealer, end-user, or N. American manufacturing site, or training facility).
- Assist with demonstrations of the assigned product range at trade shows, as required.
- Submit detailed technical reports to key internal stakeholders to communicate field problems, complaints and difficulties to the appropriate personnel.
- Create and maintain a library of information for the assigned product family. This library should include information such as schematics, available options & how they function, commonly asked questions, and operator & maintenance training standards.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Travel, both domestically & internationally, is required. Travel is estimated at no more than 50% of the time.
- Support the mission of Manitou Americas.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Requires a high school degree and college, vocational or technical education.
- Ability to speak fluent English is required. Spanish and French are desired, but not required.
- 1-3 years’ experience in an applicable product support role, with a product that has extensive electrical and/or hydraulic systems (cranes, aerial work platforms, forklifts, etc.).
- 3-5 years’ experience of product systems, to include diesel engines, power train / drive train, hydraulics, electrical, and mechanical systems. Previous experience with Manitou-branded products or construction equipment desired, but not required.
- Must be a self-starter, proactive and solutions oriented.
- Must have a good working knowledge of a distributor network model & dealership roles / functions.
- Must have excellent communication skills, able to effectively assist customers via phone (trouble-shoot technical questions, assist with product operation, etc.).
- Must be proficient in oral and written communication with an ability to communicate in front of a group.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft office and company ERP software as it relates to their area of responsibility.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license, credit card and passport.
- Candidates must be able to work without direct supervision, but be able to work as part of a team following the objectives and policies of the Manitou Group.
This position in general functions within a field or repair facility setting. Ability to stand / walk to six (6) hours per day, lift up to 50 lbs., and reach & sight on any piece of assigned-equipment are required.