Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
The Database Research Group (DRG) is part of the Research division and is responsible for the product development and management of Springer Nature’s scientific database portfolio. The portfolio of databases and tools spans areas ranging from material science to pharmacology to biomedicine. Core databases are Springer Materials, Springer Protocols, Nature Protocols, Nature Methods, Nano, AdisInsight and Adis Pharmacovigilance.
We are looking for a Database Sales Manager for the Corporate segment in Europe. The Database Sales Manager will be part of a new global team, delivering on Springer Nature’s strategic focus on scientific databases. He/she will execute a new sales strategy to sell scientific databases and tools to corporates in the assigned territory. The database portfolio consists of several different databases whereas the sales focus will be on winning new customers for Adis Insight and Adis Pharmacovigilance. Both supply information to the pharmaceutical, finance, consulting and health markets to help users make better decisions. The AdisInsight database provides the best scientific and clinical intelligence for drugs in development, clinical trials, adverse events, and pharma deals in a single database. Adis Pharmacovigilance is a service offering that helps customers satisfy their pharmacovigilance reporting obligations to international regulatory authorities by alerting them of the adverse events published in the global literature that pertain to their drugs.
The ambition of the new initiative is to achieve significant new business growth over the next years. To be successful the candidate must have excellent prospecting and opportunity generation skills as well as the ability to drive opportunities to the next stage and close deals. The job also requires establishing and expanding trustful rapports to multiple stakeholders like information professionals and decision makers involved in drug development and safety monitoring in Pharma, Life Science and Biotech companies. Given the specific propositions of the databases we are looking for a candidate who has already been successful in selling science databases to those corporates. The candidate will be part of the global database sales team reporting to the Vice President Database Sales and working closely with the local Springer Nature sales teams. This position can be filled in the UK (London), Netherlands (Dordrecht) or Germany (Berlin, Heidelberg).
- Achieve new business goals in the assigned territory
- Extensive prospecting and opportunity generation in an environment with multiple and diverse stakeholders
- Give effective product pitches and demonstrations, including successful objection handling
- Coordinate and support trials to maximize the positive customer experience and to improve the conversion rate
- Be able to create tailored proposals that address the specific customer situation and highlight the customer specific benefits
- Disciplined pipeline and opportunity management, including regular forecasting
- Partnering with the respective product managers to increase product knowledge, solve challenging customer situations and win large deals
- Close cooperation with local journal and book sales team to align the sales approach on account level in order to maximize the sales results
- Attending relevant conferences and events to support relationship building and opportunity generation
- Proven experiences and knowledgeable in selling content or software solutions to Pharma, Life Sciences and Biotech companies
- Track record of generating significant new sales
- Excellent communication (reading, writing, speaking and listening) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent consultative sales approach and skills
- Master in Science or Engineering preferred
- Self-motivated quick learner, disciplined time management and result-driven
- Entrepreneurial mind set to apply a global strategy to the characteristics of your territory
- Working knowledge of MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word ) as well as CRM systems
- Ability to travel at least 50% of work time
- Fluent in English, fluent in German a plus
What can you expect in your role?
- Working for a global, innovative publisher
- Competitive salary and bonus plan
- Ongoing investment in the dedicated research databases
- Professional onboarding program with extensive product learning and training
- Extensive online resources to assist with your self-development
- Result-driven and cooperative environment
- Excellent team support and coaching on the job
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes
• Varied and interesting tasks
• An excellent working environment with flat hierarchies
• A good work life balance with fair working hours + a generous and flexible vacation package
• Discounted public transport
• Discounted book prices
• An excellent on-site cafeteria
Working Hours: Full-time
Company and Location: Springer Science + Business Media Deutschland GmbH, Berlin
Success in three simple steps:
1. If your CV looks promising, we’ll contact you for a short telephone call – that will give you a chance to learn more about who we are, and we’ll get an impression of your motivation
2. There will then be an in-person interview on site – where you’ll get to know the working atmosphere and Springer Nature’s projects
3. You will prepare a presentation with a topic that is job-related and present it in front of a small group of people on site
Want to learn more about who we are and how we do business? Then apply today!
Excited by the prospect of joining us? We are looking forward to your online application!
To find out more information about our organization please take a look at www.springer.com and springernature.com.