Career Opportunities: Resident Engineer- Toluca, Mexico (18281)
JPR ID 18281 - Posted 06/27/2017 - USA/Canada - Sheboygan - Manufacturing - Permanent - Full Time
|Business Unit / VP
|Position to which it reports
||Resident Engineer Manager USA/CAN
||The Resident Engineer is the primary and direct contact with customer, manufacturing, quality and engineering personnel who are affected / involved by / with the use of Nemak products and services. Must constantly monitor all phases of the customer operation for early detention/correction of any problems real or perceived. Also, must be committed to continuous improvement through preventive corrections.
||• Analyze quality of product incoming, in process and finished at the customer plant in order to provide a continuous feedback to the foundry and allow preventative containment of any customer complaint, current or potential.
• Prioritize multiple problems and report in a timely manner to Nemak.
• Report to the foundry Quality Engineer daily with data concerning the customer plant production and reject information with all pertinent information in the Nemak format.
• Formally accept or dispute rejected products before they are returned and billed to the foundry, through specific procedures approved by the customer.
• Identify effective testing methods to resolve non standard issues.
• Follow up and report status on tests, trials, and PSW / PPAP samples.
• Work with the supplier on 8D through proven problem solving techniques.
• Review PPAP packages and provide approval for the plant.
• Report to customer in cases of urgent needs, organizing containment of defective parts, if necessary through the supervision of the foundry or contract personnel; initiate problem solving documentation if required, following up in the process of defining and implementing corrective actions also by traveling to the foundry.
• React to problems quickly and provide feedback to casting operations.
• Train foundry or contract personnel on inspection of the part and on the customer plant processes.
• Support formal meetings with the customer with or without the foundry personnel. Represent the foundry with the appropriate decision making limits, reporting to the foundry about the outcome.
• Negotiate with the customer to minimize the impact of any customer complaints and generate good will. Carry out duties of Resident Engineer representing Nemak and serving the customer needs in a professional manner.
||• High School Diploma or GED
||• Minimum of 2 years' experience in Quality department and defects analysis
||• Must have a working understanding of Mechanical Blueprints.
• Must be familiar with ISO/TS 16949 or related Quality Standard.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft, Word, Excel and Power Point.
||• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Good reasoning abilities and sound judgment.
• Ability to handle multiple problems and prioritize.
• Very experienced in organizing, planning and controlling activities.
|Local / global candidates