Sonova Holding AG, headquartered in Stäfa, Switzerland, is the leading manufacturer of innovative hearing care solutions worldwide. The group operates through its core business brands – Phonak, Unitron, Advanced Bionics and Connect Hearing – and offers its customers one of the most comprehensive product portfolios in the industry – from hearing aids to cochlear implants to wireless communication solutions.
Founded in 1947, the company is currently present in over 90 countries across the globe and has a workforce of over 9,000 dedicated employees. It is a public company, traded on the SIX Swiss Exchange.
SUSCS / USA / Warrenville (IL)
Sr. Tax Accountant
Sonova US Corporate Services is currently seeking a detail-oriented, independent professional Sr. Tax Accountant to join our team in the Warrenville, IL location. The Sr. Tax Accountant will be responsible for preparing sales & use tax returns for multiple legal entities in multiple states. In this role, you will work with teams from various Sonova US group companies to assess sales & use tax accounting processes, recommend and implement best practice process improvements.
- Prepare and file monthly, quarterly and annual sales & use tax returns
- Research taxability changes for products and answer sales-tax related questions
- Coordinate and monitor the processes outsourced to outside personal property tax preparers and consultants
- Prepare local business tax and payroll registrations for newly acquired affiliates and location changes as well as complete business license renewals for existing locations
- Work with various state and local taxing jurisdictions on open Sales and Use tax audits
- Monitor tax rate and taxability changes for the various U.S. Group Companies
- Self-directed, independent professional with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Experience with tax research and compliance software tools (RIA, CCH, Vertex)
- Experience with Various ERP systems (Great Plains, Navision and SAP)
- 4-5 years indirect tax experience preparing sales & use tax returns, personal property returns and business licenses in a corporate tax department
- BA/BS in Accounting or closely related field