A career with us is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Who We Are: MilliporeSigma is the North American life science brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany – a leading science and technology company. It offers a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the life science tools industry, the brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
Your role: Environmental health and safety (EHS) technician is responsible for collecting, delivering, preparing, and transferring many types of chemicals and other sensitive/hazardous materials around the job sites. The EHS Technician is responsible for conducting inspections to ensure that all equipment and processes meet business and regulatory requirements. Additionally, the EHS Technician will make sure that EHS materials are maintained, assist with training other employees in departmental processes, and make sure that employees are following guidelines. This position is dedicated to site support at three locations.
Who you are: The EHS Technician position will require a high level of materials management skills, coordination of periodic safety training events for site personnel, and the ability to record inspection observations following existing company and regulatory guidelines for safety, environmental, and waste programs. The position will require:
- HS Diploma or Equivalent plus 1 year additional education in chemistry required or 1 year related experience required
- Preferred: AS Chemistry or equivalent in education, experience in the chemical industry
- Previous experience in a similar role is beneficial, including experience with hazardous materials and knowledge of relevant laws and regulations. Chemistry lab experience is beneficial.
- This is an entry level professional EHS position. Therefore, no prior EHS related experience is required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- EHS technicians must be able to multitask while being able to produce accurate and professional work. Additional skills include strong communication and effective interpersonal skills and the ability to operate equipment including forklifts, pallet & drum movers and monitoring equipment.
- This position requires a fundamental knowledge and ability to apply many of the following skill sets based on the assigned locations:
- Don/doff and wear PPE including emergency response equipment.
- Walk and climb steps routinely.
- Work in ambient temperature and humid environments.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Ability to move full 55 gal drums with a manual drum dolly.
What we offer: Your possibilities to develop in our growing company are just as manifold as our product portfolio. We offer a modern and international working environment to unleash your innovative potential in diverse teams, and take responsibility for our employees, products, the environment and society.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.
MilliporeSigma is a division of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt Germany.