A career with us is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The department’s primary focus is the development of synthetic and analytical platforms for the manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API’s). Scientists are expected to support the innovative development and execution of technical projects within SAFC Pharma team based environment. The Senior Scientist will plan and implement innovative chemical and analytical solutions for the manufacture of API’s that are capable of being commercialized. Additionally, you will provide input to Management regarding the development and implementation of newly innovative technologies. The Senior Scientist is responsible for achieving positive laboratory results through a combination of personal hands-on lab experience and managing the efforts of Associate and Assistant Scientists through a matrix relationship with manufacturing. You will author, utilize, and train employees on a wide variety of written procedures, including batch records and OP’s.
Who You Are:
- PhD degree in Chemistry or similar discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of post-doctoral and / or industrial experience at the bench.
- High level of creativity and innovation, drive to succeed, as well as motivation of people.
- Broad hands-on knowledge of Organic Chemical synthesis and associated analytical techniques, including areas of medicinal chemistry and API chemical process development and scale-up.
- Knowledge of experimental design techniques and thermal hazards evaluation techniques in the process development field.
- Scientific problem solving skills; ability to identify crucial issues in experimental work and suggest possible solutions
- Ability to read and understand patents, interact with designated legal counsel, and provide technical council on the impact of area of science of interest.
- Knowledge and understanding of cGMP other relevant quality systems overall goals, implementation and application.
- Strong verbal skills, including the ability to give presentations and to speak to large groups.
- Demonstrate superior organizational skills and the ability to multi-task proficiently.
ADDITIONAL LOCAL NEEDS:
Environmental conditions: Must be willing to work with highly potent / hazardous materials requiring the utilization of proper personal protective equipment which could include half/full face respirators, Saranex and / or Tyvek suits with powered respiration.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.
MilliporeSigma is a division of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt Germany.