MilliporeSigma is the North American life science brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany – a leading science and technology company. It offers a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the life science tools industry, the brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Associate I (ASI) will perform safety testing required to manufacture clinical and commercial products. The ASI is required to make scientific observations, maintain detailed workbooks/documentation and ensure all documentation fulfills generally accepted professional/industry standards. Additionally, they are required to maintain a thorough understanding of BioReliance services, technical principles and applications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Conducts assigned testing with minimal supervision within constraints of lab scheduling.
· Performs testing in accordance with SOPs and regulations (cGMP and GLP).
· Maintains complete and comprehensive records for study integrity.
· Makes detailed observations and documents results.
· Operates and maintains lab equipment as required by SOPs and testing procedures.
· Performs peer review of assay batch/lab records to ensure Right First Time (RFT)
· Utilizes applicable computer programs during testing and routine tasks (i.e. Word, Excel, Oracle, LIMS, BRIQS, etc.).
· Utilizes problem solving/ trouble shooting skills.
· Communicates deviations/ events, progress and interim results to Study Management.
· Informs supervisor of deviations or factors that may affect quality and accuracy of data.
· Maintains a working knowledge of lab procedures and assays.
· Assists with revisions to SOPs, laboratory records and other documentation as assigned.
· Complies with company health and safety regulations and procedures.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Education (minimum requirements):
· BA/BS in scientific discipline
· New graduate with up to a year experience with relevant laboratory practices, techniques, equipment, materials and mathematical calculations that includes staining, plating, DNA staining, and observing slides under a microscope
Knowledge and Skills
· Basic skills in applicable computer programs
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Works well in a team based environment
ADDITIONAL LOCAL NEEDS
· 0-10% Travel required
· Maybe required to work overtime or flexible shifts
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.