Trainee Perfumer - Register today for future opportunities !
If you truly can’t live without fragrances, impact your world and become a perfumer at Givaudan.
At Givaudan, we love to create fragrances and flavours that bring memorable experiences to consumers around the world. We establish true partnerships, because we are dedicated, passionate and always give our all.
The mission of the Givaudan Perfumery School is to reveal the potential of our trainees perfumers by enabling them to express their unique personalities through creativity. We develop a rich and diverse palette of talented perfumers, to meet every need of our clients and consumers.
Only a handful of applicants will be accepted to become a Trainee Perfumer at the legendary Givaudan Perfumery School. It is here that we train perfumers to carry on the heritage of perfumery as a craft, to diffuse a love of perfume and to share a passion for fragrance with clients and other stakeholders.
You will be intensely motivated to embark on a long and challenging four-year learning path, and will relish learning how to combine creative expression with sound technical skills. You will explore all aspects of perfumery design, and ultimately, will craft fragrances that meet customer expectations and through fine fragrances as well as consumer products.
Showing a strong perseverance in this difficult apprenticeship is a key factor in becoming a successful perfumer in our competitive industry.
With Heart & Soul
You will passionately devote yourself to learn the entire spectrum of fragrance genealogy, developing an olfactive memory of hundreds of ingredients. Once this knowledge is deeply yours, you will then acquire the techniques involved in blending unique, tailor-made fragrances that delight, surprise and touch everyone’s emotions.
Ultimately, you will become a Junior Perfumer at Givaudan, expressing yourself and revealing your creativity in a fascinating environment.
Your future position ?
- Official status as the designated Trainee Perfumer at the Givaudan Perfumery School.
- Four-year paid training period, mainly in France and Singapore.
- Post successful completion of the Givaudan Perfumery School, you will graduate as a Junior Perfumer and will be located in one of our Creative Centres, according to the company needs.
- A passion for perfumery, and an advanced knowledge of this sensory field.
- Strong olfactive abilities.
- University Degree.
- Experience in Fragrance Analysis (Gas Chromatograph Mass Spectrometer) is advantageous.
- Motivation and perseverance to engage on a long and challenging learning path.
- Curiosity, openness and willingness to travel.
- Demonstrated creativity in any field.
- Ability to work effectively in an iterative development environment.
- Skilled at setting priorities and solving complex problems.
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills.
- High learning agility.
- Commitment to work in any location according to company needs.
- Verbal and written command of the English language, proficiency in one or more other languages an asset.
- Strong values aligned to the Givaudan's values and DNA.
Your future employer?
Givaudan is the global leader in the creation of fragrances and flavours. In close collaboration with food, beverage, consumer product and fragrance partners, Givaudan develops tastes and scents that delight consumers the world over. With a passion to understand consumers’ preferences and a relentless drive to innovate, Givaudan is at the forefront of creating fragrances and flavours that ‘engage your senses’. The company achieved sales of CHF 4.4 billion in 2014. Headquartered in Switzerland with local presence in 88 locations, the company has 9,704 employees worldwide. Givaudan invites you to discover more at www.givaudan.com.