As a Risk Engineer in the Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Department you are managing the risks on site with a strong focus on machinery safety and fire and explosion prevention. Moreover you are maintaining on site risk matrix and prioritization of safety related projects. Potentially you will act as a deputy of the EHS manager.
Sounds interesting? It could well be your perfect opportunity if, like us, you always aim to exceed customer needs, deliver value and are skilled at fostering strong relationships. In this exciting role you will:
- Maintain and implement fire safety and explosion prevention concept across the site Zurich
- Conduct risk assessements on machinery, equipment and workplaces
- Facilitate process hazard analysis (PHA)
- Advise and support local engineering functions on EHS related topics in compliance with company policies and local EHS regulations
- Carry out EHS training related trainings e.g. explosion protection
- Work out and implement company EHS standards and guidelines
Are you someone who wants to grow and shape your own world? Who thrives being in a culture where you can express yourself in a creative team environment? Who wants to collaborate and learn together with teams who are as passionate as you are? Then come join us – and impact your world.
Your professional profile includes:
- Master degree or equivalent experience in chemistry, process engineering or mechanical engineering (formal Swiss EHS qualification strongly recommended)
- 5 years related experience
- Experience in hazard identification, hazard mitigation, risk assessment & control and process safety
- Computer skills with a working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Powerpoint is required (Working knowledge of SAP is desirable)
- Fluent in German & English
- Strong communication and presentation skills on all levels inside and outside the organization
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and facilitation skills
- Ability and willingness to work with people at all level and across the organization
Your future employer?
Givaudan is the global leader in the creation of flavours and fragrances. In close collaboration with food, beverage, consumer product and fragrance partners, Givaudan develops tastes and scents that delight consumers the world over. With a passion to understand consumers’ preferences and a relentless drive to innovate, Givaudan is at the forefront of creating flavours and fragrances that ‘engage your senses’. The Company achieved sales of CHF 4.7 billion in 2016. Headquartered in Switzerland with local presence in over 98 locations, the company has more than 10,476 employees worldwide. Givaudan invites you to discover more at www.givaudan.com.