|At Ransom & Randolph (R&R), Investing with Innovation™ is more than just a slogan, it’s a way of life.
Dedicated to advancing the investment casting industry, we take pride in providing foundries with extensive process knowledge, exceptional technical expertise and innovative product technology. By coupling our revolutionary product developments with our experienced staff, manufacturing and warehousing facilities, we successfully help you become a casting industry leader. Committed to partnering directly with you to identify your process hurdles, casting objectives and company goals, our team consults with you to customize a precise solution tailored specifically to fit your foundry’s needs.
Ransom & Randolph is a division of Dentsply Sirona. Dentsply Sirona is the world’s largest manufacturer of professional dental products and technologies, with a 130-year history of innovation and service to the dental industry and patients worldwide. Dentsply Sirona develops, manufactures, and markets a comprehensive solutions offering including dental and oral health products as well as other consumable medical devices under a strong portfolio of world class brands. As The Dental Solutions Company TM, Dentsply Sirona’s products provide innovative, high-quality and effective solutions to advance patient care and deliver better, safer and faster dentistry. Dentsply Sirona’s global headquarters is located in York, Pennsylvania, and the international headquarters is based in Salzburg, Austria. The company’s shares are listed in the United States on NASDAQ under the symbol XRAY.
Ransom & Randolph is seeking an experienced Sales Manager.
The focus of the position is to develop and increase the sales of Ransom & Randolph products to existing or new customers where full market potential or product line acceptance has not been established.
1. Investment casting manufacturers, art and industrial
A. Ceramic Shell
B. Solid Mold
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Regional Sales Manager reports directly to the Global Sales Manager and is responsible for generating sales within a specific geographic region within the U.S.
- The primary function is to call on customers whether it is done in person, by email, telephone contact or in writing, and identify the customers' needs, recommend the appropriate product or service and clearly communicate that information to the customer.
- In order to be effective, must be able to highlight R&R products versus the competition, and be fully aware of the advantages R&R's product line has to offer. Must be aware of the ways in which R&R products can be used.
- Once customers' product needs are identified, determines pricing and delivery information within the boundaries of established sales and marketing policies.
- Introduces new products to both existing and new customers and provides product information.
- Supervises the use of these materials during field evaluation and provides feedback to the technical staff.
- Occasionally, a customer may require a special product that can be produced by R&R. Forwards the request to the Global Sales Manager for an appropriate response and follows up with the customer.
- Acts as a liaison to assist the customer in getting technical assistance to improve an existing manufacturing process, to secure recommendations on new systems or perform trouble-shooting for problems encountered by the technical staff at R&R.
- Maintains and updates customer mailing lists and individual customer files and information. Telephone or email follow-up is required with customers and additional appointments are arranged.
- Take the initiative to establish new customers through mailing, promotions and cold calls. Additional leads may come directly from a potential customer, letters or articles in trade publications.
- Expected to remain abreast of competitors' product lines and to collect samples for evaluation by the technical staff.
- Submits required Sales Call Reports, Progress Reports, and Sales Plans for major accounts to the Global Sales Manager. Sales plans are periodically reviewed. Expense reports are submitted for approval according to the Corporate Travel policy. Sales meetings are attended to review and update all current or new policies, products and selling techniques. Frequent communications are maintained with the Global Sales Manager.
- Primary work relationships are maintained with customers in selling new and existing products and providing technical assistance; Customer Service in ordering, shipping and pricing and invoicing; Traffic Department in determining carriers and shipping costs; Finance Department in matters of credit and collections; and Technical staff in resolving customers' problems and field evaluations and product applications.
- Principal challenges encountered are overcoming extreme competition within the industry, both in pricing and similar product lines, and effectively managing the assigned region in a manner that optimizes results in order to meet sales goals.
- External pressures exist in late deliveries due to carrier problems or internal errors, materials out of specification, supply problems, flexibility of competition.
- Call on customers on a regular basis in order to identify and satisfy their needs that require R&R products and services.
- Keep R&R management informed of competitive products, promotions, pricing, warranty and marketing techniques to develop more effective sales and marketing strategies.
- Coordinate and assist with the technical staff to resolve customer problems in order to establish a strong customer relationship.
- Contact customers on a regular basis in a cost effective manner to obtain orders and maximize profit margin.
- Prepare and submit required reports on activities and expenses to keep management fully informed.
- Review warehouse operations within region to ensure proper levels of customer service.
- Prepare and submit required business forecasts to help plan for customer needs.
- General supervision within broad guidelines.
TECHNICAL, FUNCTIONAL and COMPANY KNOWLEDGE
- Requires a background in business with emphasis on marketing, selling experience (minimum of three years).
- Excellent communication skills in providing information, sales presentations and correspondence with customers.
- Ability to work with a diverse range of people, initiative and the ability to be a self-starter.
- Membership in professional societies such as the Investment Casting Institute and American Foundry Society would also be helpful for the incumbent.
- Overnight travel required.
- Attendance and participation in trade shows, conventions and industry meetings will be required for customer contact and keep abreast of industry and market conditions.
- Monthly travel - 70% minimum
- The Standards of Excellence in Customer Care has created a challenging opportunity for Ransom & Randolph (R&R) and all its employees to strengthen relationships with our customers by continually improving the services we provide. To meet this challenge, all R&R associates are charged with and evaluated on their respective responsibility of partnering with customers to meet their needs; showing support and appreciation of customer needs; responding to the needs of customers; showing priority in meeting customer needs, and working to meet the customers’ technical needs.
- A strong understanding of the functional areas and requirements as they pertain to the relationships between other Dentsply divisions and business requirements.
- Individual must possess good customer service skills and interact well with other associates.
- Individual must work well under pressure and be able to multi task.
- Individual must be able to interact well with all levels of Dentsply management.
- Individual must be able to conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times.
- Individual must be able to deal effectively with a wide variety of users and issues.
- Individual must possess a good working knowledge of all current Microsoft Office products and business related applications,
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, technical, or a related field, and a minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience; or an Associate’s degree plus five years of relevant work experience, or an equivalent combination of training and hands on experience in a related field.
- Individual must possess the ability to operate a computer system.
- Individual must possess a valid drivers’ license
- Individual must possess strong written and oral skills.
- Individual must possess the ability to read, write, and interpret documentation related to safety, maintenance, operation, and procedural manuals related to their job duties.
- Individual must possess the necessary skills to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Individual must be able to communicate clearly and concisely with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Individual must possess basic math skills and be able to perform basic calculations.
- Individual must have strong reasoning, and troubleshooting skills across all areas.
- Individual must possess the ability to apply common sense reasoning to carry out instructions furnished in writing, orally, or diagramed form.
- Individual may be required to make decisions regarding network operations and security concerns with little or no guidance from superiors.
- Individual must possess the ability to make decisions based on DENTSPLY Standards and Policies.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must possess to successfully perform the duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential functions for this position.
- Individual’s daily routine will consist mostly of office work with occasional exposure to the manufacturing environment, which may have some abnormal variations in temperature, unavoidable fumes, noise, and atmospheric conditions. Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment, including a respirator, must be worn in designated areas.
- Individual must possess the ability to perform light physical activity, which includes standing, walking, sitting, manual dexterity, repetitive hand, and finger motion.
- Individual must be capable of carry equipment weighing up to 55 pounds.
Dentsply Sirona is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or protected Veteran status. We appreciate your interest in Dentsply Sirona.
If you need assistance with completing the online application due to a disability, please send an accommodation request to email@example.com. Please be sure to include “Accommodation Request” in the subject.