→ Apply until 08/08/2017 23:59 CEST
→ Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences
→ Department PP02 - Experimental psychology
→ AAP temporary appointment - 100%
→ 1 position(s)
ABOUT GHENT UNIVERSITY
Ghent University is a world of its own. Employing more than 8,000 people, it is actively involved in education and research, management and administration, and technical and social services on a daily basis. It is one of the largest, most exciting employers in the area and offers great career opportunities. With each of its 11 faculties and more than 100 departments offering state-of-the-art study programmes that are grounded in research in a wide range of academic fields, Ghent University is a logical choice for its employees as well as its students.
- At least 70% of your assignment will be spent on academic research in collaboration with members of the Memory, Attention, Perception, and Cognitive Control group (Nico Boehler, Ruth Krebs, Wim Notebaert, Durk Talsma);
- You will assist in teaching activities at the Bachelor’s or Master’s level;
- You will counsel Master’s students in their exercises, work placement and Master’s dissertation;
- You will support doctoral students;
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You hold a doctoral degree (Psychology or in a related discipline) or an equivalent degree. The degree requirements need to be fulfilled at the start of your appointment.
- You have already conducted research within the field of cognitive neuroscience. Experience with a neuroscientific research technique (such as EEG, TMS, fMRI, etc. ) is an advantage;
- You have distinguished yourself as a promising researcher in your doctorate;
- You are profoundly interested in coaching students in the Bachelor’s, Master’s and/or Advanced Master’s programmes;
- You published relevant scientific publications in (inter)national peer-reviewed academic journals that are widely disseminated;
- Active knowledge of Dutch is an advantage but not a requirement;
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- We offer you a three-year appointment, which will not be renewed. Attention: If you have been previously appointed as a post-doctoral assistant at a university within the Flemish Community, you cannot apply for this position.
- Your appointment will start on 1 October 2017 at the earliest.
- Your remuneration will be determined according to salary scale AAP5. More information about our salary scales.
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 38 days of paid leave, bicycle commuting reimbursement, ecocheques, etc. A complete overview of all our fringe benefits (in Dutch).
Apply online via this application before last application date (see above). Make sure you upload the following documents:
- application letter
- cv, including an overview of your relevant scientific publications (merged into one file of maximum 10 MB)
- a transcript of the required degree
- for diplomas awarded outside the European Union: certificate of equivalence (NARIC) (if you already have it)
We do not accept late applications, applications that are sent by e-mail or applications that lack (one of) the above-mentioned documents.
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy, everyone is encouraged to apply for this position.
Interviews will be held on August 18, 2017. For more information about this vacancy, please contact Prof. Nico Boehler (nico.boehler@UGent.be, +32 09/264 64 09), Prof. Ruth Krebs (Ruth.Krebs@ugent.be, +32 9/264 64 05), Prof. Wim Notebaert (Wim.Notebaert@UGent.be, +32 9/264 64 10), or Prof. Durk Talsma (Durk.Talsma@ugent.be, +32 9/264 64 37).