→ Apply until 08/01/2017 23:59 CEST
→ Faculty of Arts and Philosophy
→ Department LW02 - Archaeology
→ AAP temporary appointment - 20%
→ 1 position(s)
- You will assist in the practice-based teaching at the department (i.e. organization, counseling and assessment of practical exercises and seminars), specifically in the discipline of Classical Roman Archaeology.
- You assist in the tutoring and evaluation of (research) papers and (bachelor and master) theses.
- You attribute to the internal and external services provided by the department in function of the educational tasks of the department (e.g. support of public events, representation on Sid-Ins, …)
What we are looking for
- You hold a Master’s degree in Archaeology or a degree considered equivalent. The degree requirements need to be fulfilled at the start of your appointment.
- You are Involved in other professional activities related to archaeology and/or you have demonstrable experience that will allow you to contribute to the quality of the practice-based teaching in archaeology.
- You have demonstrable experience in the fields of Roman Mediterranean Archaeology of these periods more particularly, in order to guide students in practica and teaching sessions in these fields.
- You have demonstrable experience in a teaching assignment in the field concerned and in the guidance and assessment of students within training contexts of archaeological education
- You have the necessary didactical, communicative and organizational skills to guide students in practica related to the field of in Classical Roman Archaeology.
What we can offer you
- We offer you a 5 year appointment, which may be renewed indefinitely for five years at a time. Attention: You cannot be appointed for a cumulative percentage of more than 30% as a Teaching Assistant at Ghent University.
- Your appointment will start on 1 September 2017 at the earliest.
- Your remuneration will be determined according to salary scale AAP3. More information is available on our website.
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 38 days of paid leave (per year for a full-time employment), bicycle commuting reimbursement, ecocheques, etc. A complete overview of all our fringe benefits can be found on our website (in Dutch).
Apply online via this application before last application date (see above). Make sure you upload the following documents:
- application letter
- a transcript of the required degree
for diplomas awarded outside the European Union: certificate of equivalence (NARIC) (if you already have it)
We do not accept applications that are sent by e-mail or applications that lack (one of) the above-mentioned documents.
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy, everyone is encouraged to apply for this position.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Prof. Frank Vermeulen (frank.vermeulen@UGent.be, +32 09/331 01.68).