→ Apply until 07/04/2017 23:59 CEST
→ Faculty of Arts and Philosophy
→ Department LW06 - Linguistics
→ AAP temporary appointment - 20%
→ 1 position(s)
- You will assist in the practice-based teaching at the Linguistics department (i.e. organization, counselling and assessment of practical exercises and seminars), specifically the following courses: Portuguese linguistics and language proficiency
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You hold a Master’s degree in Linguistics and Literature, Translation, Interpreting or Multilingual Communication or an equivalent degree, with Portuguese as part of your program. The degree requirements need to be fulfilled at the start of your appointment.
- You have excellent communication skills in Portuguese (active and passive, oral and written).
- You are involved in other professional activities and/or you have demonstrable experience that may contribute to the quality of the practice-based teaching at the department.
- You are interested in Portuguese linguistics and literature.
- A master thesis in the field of Portuguese linguistics is an advantage.
- Teaching experience or participation in extra training of Portuguese (linguistics, language proficiency) is an advantage.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- We offer you a 1 year appointment.
- Attention: You cannot be appointed for a cumulative percentage of more than 30% as a Teaching Assistant at Ghent University.
- Your appointment will start on 1 October 2017 at the earliest.
- Your remuneration will be determined according to salary scale AAP3. More information is available on our website.
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 38 days of paid leave (per year for a full-time employment), bicycle commuting reimbursement, ecocheques, etc. A complete overview of all our fringe benefits can be found on our website (in Dutch).
Apply online via this application before last application date (see above). Make sure you upload the following documents:
- application letter
- a transcript of the required degree
- for diplomas awarded outside the European Union: certificate of equivalence (NARIC) (if you already have it)
We do not accept applications that are sent by e-mail or applications that lack (one of) the above-mentioned documents.
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy, everyone is encouraged to apply for this position.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Prof. Renata Enghels (email@example.com, 09-264.40.48).