The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency working to create a world with zero hunger. We are seeking to fill the position of Private Partnership Consultant, based at our New York City office. Length of contract, 11 months renewable.
The Private Partnerships Division (PGP) division is looking for a motivated individual to join our North American team to build on its growth strategy. The private sector is uniquely qualified to play a leadership role in ending hunger. Some of the largest and most respected brands in the world – such as MasterCard, PepsiCo and YUM! Brands – are helping achieve zero hunger by enabling WFP to strengthen operations, reach more people, fund lifesaving programs and build public support. They choose to partner with WFP because of WFP’s reach, scale and track record to create innovative partnerships that leverage their unique strengths and create lasting impact.
The Private Partnership Consultant will be responsible for the following work activities:
- Identify new private sector prospects by leveraging fundraising networks and existing relationships with companies in key North American markets and contribute to the American growth strategy.
- Ensure renewal and supervision of a portfolio of partnerships, soliciting contributions, providing on-going stewardship and assessing results in order to maximise resourcing raised for WFP.
- Develop presentations and craft partnerships concepts in coordination with WFP technical units and field operations for potential partners and submit grant applications.
- Handle complex sales processes and help negotiate advantageous contributions.
- Manage select fundraising efforts and initiatives including, but not limited to cause-related marketing campaigns, emergency appeals and employee fundraising campaigns;
- Coach and provide guidance to junior staff
- Liaise with in-house services to ensure proper fund management, grant registrations and fulfilment of contractual obligations
- Help organise key events and meetings.
- Provide private sector partnership updates for WFP publications and website and draft communication plans as needed;
Qualifications & Experience Required
- University Degree in Business Administration, Management or Marketing or international relations (only if private sector/fundraising experience)
- At least 5 years’ experience in fundraising, marketing/sales and account management is essential. Knowledge of humanitarian/development sector a plus.
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Proven ability to meet fundraising targets;
- Excellent analytical, negotiation, communication and advocacy skills.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, develop, plan and manage sales processes.
- Ability to handle multiple projects/tasks within deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment and international organization is essential.
- Very good written and verbal communication skills in English language are a must.
- Computer skills in Office applications: proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Fluency in oral and written English. Knowledge of a second UN language is desirable.
Terms and Conditions:
WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP.
http://www.wfp.org Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
Deadline for applications: 26 September 2017
Ref: VA 64581