The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. WFP has been present in Timor-Leste since 1999. WFP focus in Timor-Leste is on building the capacity of the Government of Timor-Leste in managing supplementary feeding through the Ministry of Health’s Mother-and-Child Health and Nutrition programme. Technical assistance and Government capacity development, with a strategy for hand-over of a sustainable food-based programme to the Government are key priorities. Through the capacity building focus, targeted boys and girls between 6-59 months and pregnant and lactating women benefit from the project. WFP supports KONSSANTIL and the Zero Hunger Challenge and has aligned its activities with both UNDAF and Government policies.
WFP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education.
Language: Fluent in both oral and written communication in English
These jobs are found primarily in WFP Field based Offices, and job holders typically report to Programme Policy Officer or Programme Associate. The reporting lines may change depending on the size of the office.
At this level work is carried out under minimum supervision. Job holders are expected to produce organised and accurate technical work and reports. They may provide guidance on standard practices to other staff and counterparts in their area of work.
To perform monitoring activities within a specific coverage area and provide reports to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Provide support to logistics operations and activities, following Government processes and facilitating, directly or indirectly, the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Support timely ordering and delivery of commodities and supplies to authorized partners and destinations within SAMES Supply Chain Management.
- Respond to a variety of technical queries/requests for support, following standard processes, and obtain guidance as required, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of all enquiries with a high standard of client service mind-set.
- Assist in management of commodity accounting data quality and integrity.
- Conduct regular supportive supervision and monitoring visits to the project sites.
- Provide on-the job training to health staff at Health Posts and Community Health Centers on storage and warehouse management and commodity management.
- Provide regular pipeline information on health facilities stocks level
- Conduct physical stock counting at each health facility and assist in monitoring inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory status from source to beneficiary
- Monitor and Analyze data from SAMES information systems and report any discrepancies or irregularities to the supervisor.
- Ensure that all reports are produced as frequently and promptly as required.
- Collect and organize information which could be used to improve the quality of existing systems and communicate this information to senior logistics assistant
- Coordinate with programme assistant on implementation of other activities of the WFP-MOH programme.
- Perform other tasks require by supervisor
Accurate and precise records and stock are mantained; data discrepancies are recognised and brought to the attention of the appropriate supervision and/or officer; warehouse is maintaned in good and hygienic order, supervised the operation; work performed with minimal supervision, well analysed data is produced on the basis of organized, acurate and well documented records.
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTOR
Ability to handle a large volume of food and non food items in a well organised maner; ability to mantein acurate and precise records and stores; ability to draft correspondence and to write and spell correctly and to communicate matters clearly and concisely; courtesy, tact and ability to work effectively with people of different and cultural background; strong interpersonal skills, communicate moderately complex matters clerly and concisely; ability to plan and perform detailed work, work of a confidential nature and /or to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- At least 2 years of progressively responsible on transports, accounting, and statistics or data entry/analysis experience in a company, national or international organization or NGO.
- Experience in measuring service providers’ performance against set KPIs.
- Experience in utilizing computers and Microsoft office including word processing and Excel.
- Experience in providing technical business support in corporate systems.
- Knowledge of relational database management system
MONITORING-Data Analytics and Visualization
MONITORING-Programme Monitoring and Review
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline applications is on 30 June 2017.
Note: Non Timorese applicant will not be accepted