The World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are currently seeking to fill an internship position under the WFP Cash Base Transfers of the Supply Chain Division. The position will be based at our Headquarters in Rome, Italy. The Internship will be for an initial period of [] months starting from March/April 2017.
The selected candidate will be assisting the WFP Supply Chain Division with the following key duties:
- Assist data processing needs for the Unit
- Assist in database(s) design and implementation for the Unit
- Assist in the design and implementation of procedures to process data
- Assist in collecting quality of data for the unit.
- Assist in the production of data aggregates for analysis purposes
- Draft data handling documentation, including but not limited to: database design, processes for data handling, procedures, queries, etc.
- Perform other duties as required
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Currently enrolled and have attended University courses in the last 12 months inclusive of having completed at least two years of undergraduate studies or have recently graduated in the last 12 months in Data Analysis, Information System, Engineering, Computer Science or relevant field.
- Expert level of SQL with at least 1 year of cumulative experience using SQL as main tool for data handling;
- Advance level of MySQL with at least 1 years of cumulative experience using procedures, triggers, views and database security (users and permissions);
- Fluent in English
- Proficiency in MS Office (Access, Word, Excel, Power Point);
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the maximum amount of US$700 per month depending on the duty station of assignment. (The current amount for Rome is around $600)
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, travel to and from WFP internship location, necessary visas and costs related.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
28 February 2017